Please forward widely!
Tell the New Congress:
Act NOW to Bring the Troops Home!
Join United for Peace and Justice in a massive march on Washington, D.C., on Sat., January 27, to call on Congress to take immediate action to end the war.
On Election Day the voters delivered a dramatic, unmistakable mandate for peace. Now it’s time for action. On January 27, 2007, we will converge from all around the country in Washington, D.C. to send a strong, clear message to Congress and the Bush Administration: The people of this country want the war and occupation in Iraq to end and we want the troops brought home now!
Congress has the power to end this war through legislation. We call on people from every congressional district in the country to gather in Washington, DC — to express support for those members of Congress who are prepared to take immediate action against the war; to pressure those who are hesitant to act; and to speak out against those who remain tied to a failed policy.
The peace and justice movement helped make ending the war in Iraq the primary issue in this last election. The actions we take do make a difference, and now there is a new opportunity for us to move our work forward. On Election Day people took individual action by voting. On January 27 we will take collective action, as we march in Washington, DC, to make sure Congress understands the urgency of this moment.
Join United for Peace and Justice in this crucial push for peace!
1) Make a donation right now to support the January 27 mobilization and help give us the funds we need to make this a truly massive outpouring for peace.
2) Pass this email along to everyone you know, post it on blogs and websites — do everything you can to help us get the word out about January 27th.
3) Make sure your organization endorses the January 27th mobilization. Click here to add your endorsement.
4) Start making plans to bring people from your congressional district to Washington on January 27. We will soon have a form on our website, where you or your group can sign up to be the coordinator for people coming to DC from your area, so you can meet up, coordinate transportation, housing, etc.
5) Keep checking the UFPJ website for more details in the coming weeks!
You might have also heard that United for Peace and Justice was calling for a demonstration in Washington to commemorate the 4th anniversary of the war in Iraq on March 17. Because of the new developments and our decision to organize the January 27th mobilization, we are now calling for local and regional antiwar actions that weekend instead. We will soon be issuing more information about the plans for the 4th anniversary.