November 5, 2007: This website is an archive of the former website, traprockpeace.org, which was created 10 years ago by Charles Jenks. It became one of the most populace sites in the US, and an important resource on the antiwar movement, student activism, 'depleted' uranium and other topics. Jenks authored virtually all of its web pages and multimedia content (photographs, audio, video, and pdf files. As the author and registered owner of that site, his purpose here is to preserve an important slice of the history of the grassroots peace movement in the US over the past decade. He is maintaining this historical archive as a service to the greater peace movement, and to the many friends of Traprock Peace Center. Blogs have been consolidated and the calendar has been archived for security reasons; all other links remain the same, and virtually all blog content remains intact.THIS SITE NO LONGER REFLECTS THE CURRENT AND ONGOING WORK OF TRAPROCK PEACE CENTER, which has reorganized its board and moved to Greenfield, Mass. To contact Traprock Peace Center, call 413-773-7427 or visit its site. Charles Jenks is posting new material to PeaceJournal.org, a multimedia blog and resource center.
Archives of the Depleted Uranium Oversight Board (DUOB) website
March 7, 2004: We noticed that the UK Ministry of Defence's DUOB website was off-line after receiving the following request through DU-Watch.
March 6: Traprock could do a service none other is willing: web publish the DUOB minutes where it references NDU contamination of OIF UK troops (sept minutes, page 12 and 13); and, include the Congressional report implying DU in bunker busters [we're working on this latter request.]
We discovered then that the DUOB site - http://www.duob.org.uk - was unavailable. Today, it remains unavailable. The minutes of these meetings are particularly noteworthy.The existence of the DUOB website - with its minutes on line - has been announced or confirmed by the British government at various times. For example, on 10 June 2003, there was this question and answer in Parliament:
Mr. Drew: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will make a statement on the status of the Ministry of Defence's Depleted Uranium Oversight Board; what its membership is; who they are representing; and if he will place in the Library recent deliberations and statements made by the Board.
. . .
Dr. Moonie: I am placing a copy of the Depleted Uranium Oversight Board (DUOB) Terms of Reference and the current membership list in the Library of the House. Additionally, all deliberations and decisions made by the board are contained in the minutes of DUOB meetings which are publicly available on the internet at www.duob.org.uk
http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm200203/cmhansrd/vo030610/text/30610w13.htmFor the convenience of researchers, we have saved cached versions of the various DUOB pages (the home page, summary, terms of reference, membership cv's, and minutes (we were not able to retrieve Minutes of 11th Meeting, 1 Jul 2003 (Adobe PDF, 50 Kb) or Minutes for the 14th Meeting, 27 Jan 2004 (Adobe PDF, 217 Kb)
IntroductionCurricula Vitae of Members
Terms of Reference
* Minutes of 1st Meeting, 27 Sept 2001 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 2nd Meeting, 30 Nov 2001 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 3rd Meeting, 28 Jan 2002 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 4th Meeting, 18 Apr 2002 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 5th Meeting, 17 Jun 2002 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 6th Meeting, 24 Jul 2002 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 7th Meeting, 17 Jun 2002 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 8th Meeting, 9 Jan 2003 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 9th Meeting, 11 March 2003 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes of 10th Meeting, 12 May 2003 html (Adobe DF version )
* Minutes of 11th Meeting 1 July 2003 unavailable
* Minutes of 12th Meeting, 22 Sept 2003 html (Adobe PDF version )
* Minutes for the 13th Meeting, 20 Nov 2003 (Adobe DF version)
* Minutes for the 14th Meeting, 27 Jan 2004 Adobe PDF, 217 Kb
Thanks to Tedd Weyman of the Uranium Medical Research Center for helping us complete this index of minutes.
March 7, 2004 - page created by Charlie Jenks - updated April 13, 2004