November 5, 2007: This website is an archive of the former website, traprockpeace.org, which was created 10 years ago by Charles Jenks. It became one of the most populace sites in the US, and an important resource on the antiwar movement, student activism, 'depleted' uranium and other topics. Jenks authored virtually all of its web pages and multimedia content (photographs, audio, video, and pdf files. As the author and registered owner of that site, his purpose here is to preserve an important slice of the history of the grassroots peace movement in the US over the past decade. He is maintaining this historical archive as a service to the greater peace movement, and to the many friends of Traprock Peace Center. Blogs have been consolidated and the calendar has been archived for security reasons; all other links remain the same, and virtually all blog content remains intact.THIS SITE NO LONGER REFLECTS THE CURRENT AND ONGOING WORK OF TRAPROCK PEACE CENTER, which has reorganized its board and moved to Greenfield, Mass. To contact Traprock Peace Center, call 413-773-7427 or visit its site. Charles Jenks is posting new material to PeaceJournal.org, a multimedia blog and resource center.
Conscious Communication Institute
The Conscious Communication Institute
Invites you to a Day-Long Conference
In Troubled Times
Sat. March 27, ‘04
Bement School in Old Deerfield
Connect, celebrate, & learn new skills for Compassionate
* with partners * families * in classrooms, * workplaces
* in the wider world. Ten Co-sponsors. Literature tables.
8:30: Registration and refreshments
9:00: Opening. Music with Sarah Pirtle
12-1: Lunch. Music with Molly Scott
1-2: Participant-led discussion groups
2-4: Workshops & Closing
$10 with pre-registration by March 20 $15 at the door
Childcare provided with pre-registration
18 yrs. and under- Free
Fragrance- Free event requested
For information call Gaella Elwell: 413-369-4066
Morning Workshops 10-12am
1. Getting to “We” in Parenting & Partnering. Sandra Boston, Gaella Elwell.
Conscious Communication Institute
2. Keeping Our Voices Rising: Transforming Fear by Finding Our Positive
Voice Within. Sarah Pirtle, author, peace educator, musician
3. Experiencing the Power of Empathy. Pioneer Valley Nonviolent Communications
4. Creating Adult/Teen Dialogues. Angel Russek. Community Coalition For Teens
5. Working with Differences in Civic Meetings. Savanna Ouellette, Betsy Corner
The Mediation and Training Collaborative
Afternoon Workshops 2-4pm
6. What to Say When You Don’t Agree: Imagine Feeling Confident in Conflict.
Bett Farber, Karen Fogliatti, teachers CCI
7. Teaching Preschoolers to be Problem Solvers. Susan Pelis, Giving Tree School
8. Living Our Values in Troubled Times. Alan Eccleston, organizational change
9. Moving Intention Into Action: How Inner Resonance Changes Our Outer
World. Molly Scott, counselor, singer
10. Playing with Conflict: Theater Games and Role-plays that Unmask and Empower.
Sunny Miller, Director, Traprock Peace Center
Directions: From Greenfield Common: Drive 2.7 miles south on Rt. 5-10 to first right-hand exit into Historic Old Deerfield. Bement School is .4 miles on the left at 100 Main St. From Northampton: Take 1-91 north to Exit 24. Go right at the exit. Drive 5.4 miles north on Rt. 5-10 to first left-hand exit for Historic Old Deerfield. Bement School is .6 miles on the right at 100 Main St.
—————————————————————cut here & send bottom portion—————————————————————
Registration (Please Print Clearly)
(I would like to receive notice of CCI classes via e-mail ____ check here)
The workshops are 2 hrs long. Participants may attend one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The following . are your preferences and cannot be guaranteed.
Morning Workshop: (#s 1-5) First Choice #_____ Second Choice #_____
Afternoon Workshop: (#s 6-10) First Choice #_____Second Choice #_____
Free Childcare with certified providers for ages 3.5 to 12 yrs.
How many children?______Ages :__________(call before conf. if your child has any specific needs.)
Home-made Vegetarian Lunch: (Sandwich, cookies, fresh fruit) $6.00_______check here
Please send $10 and this form (add $6 for lunch option)
Check payable to CCI. Please send by March 20.
Mail to: Gaella Elwell-CCI, 888 Shelburne Falls Rd., Conway Ma. 01341
For information call Gaella: 413-369-4066